Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 2 begins Monday, 11/27

The first week of FLRC’s Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt has been so much fun! Be sure you post your items by Sunday–winners will be announced on Monday in the week 1 thread.

Are we ready for Week 2?! From Monday to Sunday (11/27 - 12/3), find as many of these items as you can while out on your walk, run, or hike.

1. FLRC logo, apparel, or race shirt
  2. Holiday lights
  3. Hens/chickens (bonus point if they’re French)
  4. Run with a friend/family member (a dog counts)
  5. Photo with a hill you just ran up (or down)

Once you find your item, take a selfie or picture and post it on this thread. Remember, for every selfie or picture of one of these items that you post, you get one point. The runner(s) with the most points will be entered into the swag drawing at the end of the event. And, while five might seem to be the high score, I as the omnipotent race director get to award extra points based on particularly creative or artistic photos, or those that get lots of “likes” here on the Forum. Sucking up to the race director doesn’t hurt either. (I like cookies!)

Your creativity in Week 1 has been stellar, and I can’t wait to see what everyone finds this week! Happy hunting!

4 Likes

Dam chickens

5 Likes

Found some lights and a hill.

2 Likes

Got out for a quick walk/run with my running buddy, Ubu. We went on the trails from Juniper Dr and enjoyed a little sleet. There are hills, friends, and FLRC logos. If you look closely you might recognize the Challenge shirt too. Socks are an after run shot.

4 Likes

This is the house that had the Thanksgiving decorations out last week for my turkey find.

Backup that I took first just in case I didn’t see any other lights.

3 Likes

I found a chicken in a DC suburb! :joy:

5 Likes

This is a joint submission by me and @amy-dawson, because one of the items was to run with a friend or a family member (4), and Amy’s both of those things! Look at this first picture, with Skunk race shirts (1) AND one of Trumansburg’s lovely hills (5) that we ran UP and DOWN.

Next up we ran by a farm where Karen was putting the chickens in for the night. We ran up the driveway and told her what we were up to. She was happy to oblige our weirdness and let us in the barn to have a selfie with the chickens (3).

Happy chickens, am I right? Look how cozy that barn is. It was hard for us to leave because it was so cold outside!

Lastly, we found our holiday lights (2) decking this house on King Street. So there you have it: Week 2 banged out during one frigid run. Looking forward to the week ahead!

6 Likes

Ran with friend at this evening’s Milers workout!

3 Likes

Today, I got two more items: hens and lights while running up Sapsucker Woods

4 Likes

Hooray! I got my five for the week:

Socks!

These would be much prettier in the evening…

The chicken was proven elusive. I was scanning mailboxes and tops of houses for a weather vane when lo and behold I spotted this beauty in someone’s Cayuga Heights backyard…I hope it wasn’t too creepy to snap this photo. I couldn’t believe my luck🍀. This is one big rooster.

And lastly, here is a twofer…I snapped this selfie just before Mary and I ran up that big hill in the Arboretum. I know it doesn’t look like much in the photo but trust me, it is a big hill.

4 Likes

FLRC Gear on this mild day!

2 Likes

I captured all of these in Monday’s run, all within a half mile of my house.
FLRC neck buff
FLRC
You can see it here, as well as my best (only) running buddy. I do suck at selfies, so I’m including another of Ody. Too bad I have to take him back to his real home in Brooklyn tomorrow.
running pals

Here are some holiday lights

And some chickens:

I did some hill sprints up this hill, but the picture I snapped Monday didn’t come out. (Did I mention I suck at selfies?) Luckily it’s right around the corner from my house, so I went back the next day… AND WHAT IS THIS WHITE STUFF!!!

2 Likes

“Running” with family :grin: …er … Trotting :woman_shrugging:
Mark my rescue horse :racehorse::horse: getting him back into shape.
Finally have the ok from the vets to start doing some exercises with him recently. So tonight we walk/trotted around the stable for a whole mile! :star_struck: That’s a huge record for him. Been years since he moved so much :sweat_smile:
We have been working through feet issues as well as eye cancer surgery. But he is doing world’s better and loves the attention :people_hugging::horse:

3 Likes

This photo made this hill I was about to descend look rather ominous.

Here was attempt number 1: selfie with hill. The lighting (or lack thereof) was not having it. But I promise the hill is still there behind me :grin:

3 Likes

Running pals

FLRC clothing with holiday lights

A twofer, two different hills wearing FLRC shirt and hat

3 Likes

Yay! Knocked off the last items this run! :blush::grin:
FLRC swag :heavy_check_mark:

Holiday lights :heavy_check_mark:

Hill I ran up & down :heavy_check_mark:

And the real toughy, (I almost gave up and ya nearly got a photo of the rare “Canada Water Chicken” :swan::rofl:)
But thank goodness for small town porch decor! :rooster::heavy_check_mark:

Enhance!!*

3 Likes

what does down

1 Like

So many good friends to run with this morning!

4 Likes

Ran with the group this morning so I’m on the right in Heather’s pic in my Skunk Cabbage shirt!

Here’s a closer view:

My plan is to double today so now to find some lights, chickens & hills…

2 Likes

Hiked up the Freese Rd. hill, which wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Wore my FLRC volunteer shirt under my bright orange long sleeves shirt during the group run.

I wasn’t sure if I’d get this item, but these friendly chickens are located on Sapsucker Woods Road …in case anyone else needs that item! (I also think I heard them saying “oui, oui!”)

4 Likes