Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 1 kicks off Monday, 11/20

The first week of FLRC’s Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt kicks off tomorrow! From Monday to Sunday (11/20–11/26), find as many of these items as you can, and while you’re at it, why not have your run* do double duty for the Turkey Trot?

1. Speed limit sign
  2. Pumpkin
  3. An outdoor decorated tree
  4. Sunset or sunrise
  5. A turkey (Happy Thanksgiving!)

Once you find your item, take a selfie or picture and post it on this thread. Remember, for every selfie or picture of one of these items that you post, you get one point. The runner(s) with the most points will be entered into the swag drawing at the end of the event. And, while five might seem to be the high score, I as the omnipotent race director get to award extra points based on particularly creative or artistic photos, or those that get lots of “likes” here on the Forum. Sucking up to the race director doesn’t hurt either. (I like cookies!)

*You can walk and/or hike in addition to running. Just get out and get moving!

5 Likes

Good sunrise to help get after it.

7 Likes

Speed limit sign

4 Likes

Pumpkins and Gigantor the Turkey!

5 Likes

This mornings sightings

5 Likes

So happy this challenge came around. It’s just the motivation I needed to get back to running.

Also used this run for my Virtual Turkey trot for Guthrie Sayre :blush:
Pumpkin :heavy_check_mark:

Decorated tree :heavy_check_mark: kinda hard to catch the timing of the lights :sweat_smile:

Speed limit sign :heavy_check_mark:

Turkey. . .:thinking::heavy_check_mark::woman_shrugging::joy: I was going to run into the store and freezer section :turkey: :rofl: but I didn’t want to screw up my Garmin stats :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

Ok ok… If you don’t like that creative solution, what do I get for a Bald Eagle :eagle: on the same run? :sweat_smile::thinking: Bonus point ? :woman_shrugging::wink:

7 Likes

Found a pumpkin on my walk today. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll find a few more.

4 Likes

This house had a few sad, rotting real pumpkins in this spot last week, but looks like the owners replaced them with pumpkin cutouts instead.

There were a few flags with turkeys on them on the other side of the front porch, too.

Their packages decoration fell over!

4 Likes

Running at the speed of Heather …

1 Like

A “twofer”. a “sunrise” and a prominent “turkey” (trotter)

2 Likes

and for no good reason. out for a swim while the turkey is in the oven …

4 Likes

On my run across Ithaca High School today I happened upon a few turkeys with my camera! :turkey:

Turkey #1 to my left

Wild Turkey #2

Humble Turkeys #3
Screen Shot 2023-11-23 at 7.00.02 PM

and award winning Turkeys #4!!! oh my and even with a PIE!

The rest of them can be found on TurkeyTrot 2023 Album on Yogile which should be posted in the next couple of hours :slight_smile: Hope you all are having a lovely holiday!

7 Likes

Found a couple more today. Sadly, no turkeys to be found.

3 Likes

Two more sightings on this morning’s run

3 Likes

I live very close to the house where @aaron.proujansky1 took his turkey photo. They have MANY turkey-themed decorations but this one, a goose in a turkey suit, is my favorite:

Just around the corner was this place with several pumpkins, all looking ship shape:

I continued to find a speed limit sign on the next block:

Then I went in search of a decorated tree. I found a whole lot of Christmas trees, but they were undecorated:

I kept at it around the neighborhood, then crossed into downtown in the hope of finding some trees on the commons. I didn’t have to go that far because I found this tree in the window of a store on Green St:

7 Likes

Out for a run from Flat Rock with the original Turkey Bob Congdon. SinceI am third on the all time Turkey Run list, I am one too. So, speed limit sign and Turkey, plus pumpkins, and decorated tree with deflated decorations.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Final item for this week!

3 Likes

Not the best sunset today downtown with the clouds but here I am for the week!

3 Likes

A few hours ago, I set out on the 2023 Cornell Scenic Circuit Challenge course to hunt for this week’s Scavenger Hunt items. I had already found a Sunrise on a sign at Monkey Run earlier this week. I easily found a Speed Limit Sign. I found a house decorated with a Pumpkin beneath a squash in the shape of a Turkey. I saw zero human-decorated trees, but I found one with burly burls provided by nature for Decor.

2 Likes