Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 3 begins Monday, 12/4

FLRC’s Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt continues to bring entertainment as we wrap up week two! Be sure you post your items by Sunday–winners will be announced on Monday in the week two thread.

Are we ready for Week 3?! From Monday to Sunday (12/4 - 12/10), find as many of these items as you can while out on your walk, run, or hike.

1. Wreath
  2. Fuel on your run (liquid or food)
  3. A menorah (Happy Hanukkah!)
  4. Cows (bonus point for a maid-a-milking)
  5. Run in mismatched socks or gloves

Once you find your item, take a selfie or picture and post it on this thread. Remember, for every selfie or picture of one of these items that you post, you get one point. The runner(s) with the most points will be entered into the swag drawing at the end of the event. And, while five might seem to be the high score, I as the omnipotent race director get to award extra points based on particularly creative or artistic photos, or those that get lots of “likes” here on the Forum. Sucking up to the race director doesn’t hurt either. (I like cookies! Specifically chocolate chip and snickerdoodle, for those who have asked…)

2 Likes

Dryden has hung these wreaths on their main street light poles.

3 Likes

Ran in Elmira yesterday and they’ve hung a wreath on the outside of the Wegmans. Look by my ear and squint!

Wore one of each of my favorite pairs of socks:

2 Likes

Socks while getting ready. Got the wreath on my way out our door. Menorah on the way to my run, a quick drink of water at Mundy Wildflower parking. Said hello to some cows up at Cornell, off of Magowen Rd.

2 Likes

Humm, homemade honey stingers :face_with_monocle:

Or with miss matched socks

Cows, cows and more cows

And perhaps one big bull

And one wreath for holiday sake

3 Likes

Didn’t think I would find a cow, but there it is! A very large wreath and the menora that we put up every year (as well as a Christmas tree).

1 Like

Here is a musical wreath in Ottawa. It even plays Christmas Carols after dark.

Hydrating on my run, please also note the mismatched mittens.

A menorah, still with mismatched mittens.

And finally, a Maid-a-Milking a cow. And, in case you didn’t notice them before, please note the mismatched mittens on the floor :crazy_face:.

3 Likes

Sport beans got me through today’s run. Hopefully I’ll remember to mismatch something on Saturday, lol.

2 Likes

@adamengst told me I have to do tempo runs so I did a tempo run at last. 2 miles @ 10k pace + 30 seconds, then 800m jog, then 4 x 200 at mile pace with 200 jog rest. It was bad, but not as bad as this pumpkin spice apple juice that I drank along the way. 0/10 do not recommend.

2 Likes

Although I did not find a menorah I did perhaps find a reasonable replacement in the Star of David

1 Like

Week 3!! @scottpdawson and I did this in one SHORT run starting at the Dairy Bar on Cornell’s Tower Road. We kissed the cow in the Dairy Bar before taking mismatched sock selfies. We headed down the hill and found a Halloween wreath still hanging on a sorority house door. A little further we came upon the Chabad House to grab a pic of the menorah and then we headed back through campus. We paused at Baker Flagpole to enjoy a Honey Stinger waffle. Then for extra credit, we spotted another menorah in front of Willard Straight Hall.

1 Like

Trying out spikes and trail shoes to decide what to race in at club nationals today

1 Like

Wreath in Tallahassee- hiking to dinner

1 Like

Water bottle that has kept me hydrated for four days in the Florida heat. Especially at the race when it was 77 degrees.

1 Like

Friday I needed to be on campus late so I walked home. Not a training walk, but still a walk, and went past this menorah on the Commons:

My schedule made it impossible to run in daylight (shame with such nice weather) so after getting home I once again hit the treadmill. This little stress cow - like a stress ball! - from the Syracuse Half Marathon goody bag joined me:

Now, I realized this cow was maybe possibly cheating since it was at my house, and yesterday I too hit the Dairy Bar to get a selfie with Cornelia the Cow:

Then I ran to Hillel to see if I could find a menorah but no dice! Further downhill, Chabad did have one, though the sign from Amy and Scott’s pic was down:

2 Likes

Thanks to this event for getting me out in the chilly rain, which I otherwise wouldn’t have done.

Same cow a few other people have posted.

The menorah outside of Willard Straight Hall.

Mismatched socks.

Fuel today was fruit snacks (not red efts!).

A bonus picture of the clock tower looking a little creepy in the mist.

2 Likes

Took me till today to complete the set this week!

Many, many wreaths on this house (you might have to zoom in, but every window has one…):

Some cows made from old tyres:

Tasty snacks on the Sapsucker Woods group run:

Mismatched socks, just before putting my shoes on this morning:

And an inflatable menorah!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Wreath, socks, and fuel were easy. I knew I wouldn’t find any menorahs in Spencer (Jews here keep a low profile), but was surprised that everyone near me or my run routes that used to have cows don’t any more.

3 wreath

1 Like

1 Like