Happy Holidays Scavenger Hunt Week 2 begins Monday, 11/27

This photo made this hill I was about to descend look rather ominous.

Here was attempt number 1: selfie with hill. The lighting (or lack thereof) was not having it. But I promise the hill is still there behind me :grin:

3 Likes

Running pals

FLRC clothing with holiday lights

A twofer, two different hills wearing FLRC shirt and hat

3 Likes

Yay! Knocked off the last items this run! :blush::grin:
FLRC swag :heavy_check_mark:

Holiday lights :heavy_check_mark:

Hill I ran up & down :heavy_check_mark:

And the real toughy, (I almost gave up and ya nearly got a photo of the rare “Canada Water Chicken” :swan::rofl:)
But thank goodness for small town porch decor! :rooster::heavy_check_mark:

Enhance!!*

3 Likes

what does down

1 Like

So many good friends to run with this morning!

4 Likes

Ran with the group this morning so I’m on the right in Heather’s pic in my Skunk Cabbage shirt!

Here’s a closer view:

My plan is to double today so now to find some lights, chickens & hills…

2 Likes

Hiked up the Freese Rd. hill, which wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Wore my FLRC volunteer shirt under my bright orange long sleeves shirt during the group run.

I wasn’t sure if I’d get this item, but these friendly chickens are located on Sapsucker Woods Road …in case anyone else needs that item! (I also think I heard them saying “oui, oui!”)

4 Likes

Managed to find the last few items! First, on yesterday’s walk found some holiday lights along with my favorite Christmas decor: retrofitted Halloween decor.

Then on today’s run, which I thought I’d timed perfectly to avoid the rain and was played for a fool, I checked off both FLRC gear (plus a bonus hill):

AND, after a week of fruitless searching and finding penguins, several common songbirds, and even a flamingo, I FINALLY found a chicken, and it is even festive!!

Really enjoyed this scavenger hunt!

3 Likes

Hill and a friend! Double sharing for both Jess daily and myself.

1 Like

1 Like

A threefer! Running with friends, one friend has a finger lakes race t-shirt on, and there are holiday lights above our heads on the post.

1 Like

ok. chickens were found in many forms here. There is a chicken house with chickens hiding inside. Because they were too “chicken” to come out in the rain. (note it was a steady rain during the whole run today). Then we have the distant ancestor of the chicken, the ancient big foot chicken from the age of the dinosaur. Remember, our birds today have evolved from Dinos… And we also have here a sign with a chicken, pig, and cow on it. Just for good measure.

1 Like

This one is a picture of the holiday lights on my hill. Snyder Hill Road. Which I ran up on my run Thursday. A twofer! Holiday lights on my Hill that I run far too often!

1 Like

I left from my home in downtown Ithaca to run around Fall Creek in search of backyard chickens. I found none, but I did come across this impressively lit horse on the Commons:

Not having managed to locate any live & active chickens, I made my way to a place where I know plenty of chicken gets sold, Silo food truck on Green St. And the chicken is not just fried, it’s also painted:

I still needed my hill and I live at the base of South Hill, so to end my run I went up S Cayuga to South Hill Terrace and took this shot of the slope, which deserves its own ‘Steep Grades in Ithaca’ sign:

4 Likes

There are hundreds of items in my home with the FLRC logo on them, and here I am wearing one of them before a run.

I set out in the rain this morning (with friends @Sandy and @caroline-brockner) to find a chicken and although we probably ran past lots of chickens who were smart enough to stay in out of the rain, we did finally find a sign with a chicken on it. I put in two photos—one showing the farm-in-rain atmosphere and one with an arrow pointing at the chicken.

Earlier this week, I ran up a hill and enjoyed the view from the top.

Finally, for lights, this week I found joy.

2 Likes

Having just scanned the posts, I realise I spotted the same backyard chicken as @caitlin-loehr ! He was definitely clucking ‘La Marseillaise’ as I ran past…

A twofer from this morning - my FLRC headband and my running companion Parkin (I tried to match my facial expression to hers…):

A very wet hill from the Arboretum:

And lastly some holiday lights struggling against this morning’s gloom…

2 Likes

1. I’ve been told, they’re actually chicken…

1 Like

must go up

1 Like

belated post of FLRC gear …. weather defeated rest of photo ops

2 Likes

I am truly amazed at how creative and enthusiastic you all have been! Out of the 18 participants for week 2, 13 of you found all five items! You are listed below, but this week’s race director’s choice is @Chermoni for a very stoned chicken.

@Lorrie_Tily
@sryan004
@amy-dawson
@scottpdawson
@blairh
@caitlin-loehr
@debbliss
@mplank
@amalia
@Sandy
@tonya-engst
@dianahackett
@aaronking32

The above participants, plus Cheryl, will have their names entered into the drawing at the end of the event. Your name can be entered more than once, so check out week 3’s items and keep posting!

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me.