Juneteenth-Focused Pub-Run This Saturday @ 5:30 PM

In observation of Juneteenth, we will be hosting a pub-run/walk to several of Ithaca’s Black-owned organizations and businesses. Starting and ending at MIX, we will leave at 5:30 and travel about a mile to Southside Community Center, which is holding an 80s/90s themed block party. At 6pm we will be joining Southside as they attempt to form the world’s longest soul train line! Our route will continue downtown, through the Commons, and back to MIX for some post-event cocktails. Total mileage will be a little over 3 miles.

Southside Community Center will also be showing a movie at 8:30pm, so feel free to head back over there for more music and activities afterwards!

We will want to give MIX a heads up that we will be coming for drinks, so please indicate below if you plan on attending.

• Yes! I will be joining for the pub-run and socializing at MIX!

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity, club membership is not required, but if you have not already done so, you must sign an online waiver. You only need to sign this waiver once for all 2021 group runs.

Unless you’re fully vaccinated (2 weeks post-second shot for Moderna/Pfizer and post-shot for J&J), please bring a mask for wearing whenever you’re not running.

If you have questions, or if you might be interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for future runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb at cobb.heather.m@gmail.com.

Resources:

2 Likes

For those more toward the Cortland area…there will be a Juneteenth celebration Sat 19th from 6-8 PM at the Courthouse Park…music, giveaways, speakers…sorry no pub run!

Evan

1 Like

Thank you Heather, the Pub Run was fun and my son really enjoyed participating in a “group run”. I have some fun ideas for some future runs, so let’s plan to meet up sometime to talk about it.

Karen

2 Likes