MITHACAL MILERS track workout Tuesday, 12/6 at 7 PM in Barton Hall

First off, note that we won’t have in-person workouts on December 13th or December 20th—Barton is unavailable due to exams and another event. We’ll pick things up again on December 27th, when we’ll have Barton to ourselves and I’m plotting some relay ridiculousness.

Since we still have almost 5 weeks until the January 15th track meet and 6 weeks until the Hartshorne Masters Mile (register soon to reserve your shirt size!), we’re going to do a workout designed to improve your endurance. All these reps are done at I pace, but don’t have much rest. Which distance you do depends on your mile pace:

• 4:50-6:00 milers: 4 by 1200m at I pace, with 3-minute recovery jogs
  • 6:30-7:15 milers: 4 by 1000m at I pace, with 3-minute recovery jogs
  • 7:45-8:30+ milers: 4 by 800m at I pace, with 3-minute recovery jogs

(The eagle-eyed among you will note that there are gaps in those ranges for you to self-identify or adjust based on how you’re feeling. If you’re a 6:15 miler, for instance, you can run either 1200m or 1000m, or potentially two of each.)

Kate McCormick will again be leading kids 7–11 in running games—more info here. She could use a few more kids to make a coherent group.

Resources

1 Like

And yes, I’ll post some workouts here for December 13th and 20th, so you can keep your training going. They’ll be a little fuzzier so they can be done on the roads instead of a track.

1 Like