FLRC Challenge Lansing Center Trail group run Sunday, June 12th at 8:30 AM

Given the weather forecast for Sunday, an afternoon run with ice cream seems iffy, so we’re dropping back to a simple Lansing Center Trail run in the morning. It’s only about 3.4 miles, so you can run it once or twice, and you could also swing down to the Lansing High track for a Sweet 1600. I’ll make some rhubarb bread and bring a watermelon to share afterward. Come and get your FLRC Challenge T-shirt too!

(Why Lansing Center Trail again? It’s what my legs will be up to after Saturday’s group run on the Tortoise & Hare course, and two of our other shorter courses may be overrun by Cornell Reunion attendees. And there are nice picnic tables.)

We’ll meet at 8:30 AM at the Lansing Center Trail parking lot, where the FLRC Challenge sign is located, and start running at 8:45 AM. There’s also parking across the street at the Lansing baseball field.

Let’s be inclusive and fight climate change by carpooling. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with pickup possibilities.
  • I need a ride
  • I can give a ride

0 voters

Please register in the poll below using your flat road pace so everyone can see if they’ll have pace partners. Given the soft course, we’ll all be running proportionally slower than the paces listed. It’s a squirrelly course with many turns, but RunGo directions are available and bonus points go to those who make whacka-whacka Pac-Man noises while rounding the loops.

• Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-and-up-minute pace

0 voters

If you aren’t signed up for the FLRC Challenge (no time to waste!) or haven’t yet signed the FLRC Training Programs waiver already in 2022, please do one or the other. We’re happy to help if you need assistance getting started with the Webscorer app on your phone.

Everyone is welcome, and I hope to see you Sunday!

Thanks @adamengst ! Sorry to miss Saturday’s group run on the Tortoise & Hare course (I’m running the Gorges Ithaca Half) but happy to see y’all on Sunday morning :smiley:

2 Likes

Great, we’re coming from Ellis Hollow, so it would be particularly easy for us to give you a ride if you’ll be at Hasbrouck. Less so if you’re downtown…

Thank you so much for offering @adamengst. Unfortunately, I’ll be downtown but I’m happy to get the carshare car if no one else is coming my way.

Another successful run, though with a few less people than normal, likely due to people having run the Gorges half marathon yesterday. Still, 15 people made it for a great run, with rhubarb bread and watermelon afterward. Sooner or later I’ll run out of frozen rhubarb.

1 Like