FLRC Group Run at Buttermilk Saturday 6/11 @ 8:30am - Preview Tortoise & Hare!

The next Saturday FLRC group run is this Saturday, June 11th at Buttermilk to preview the Tortoise & Hare Trail Run coming up on June 18th. There is paid parking within the park, or you can park at one of the businesses slightly closer to Ithaca on Elmira Road. We’ll meet on the bridge by the falls at 8:30 AM and start running at 8:45 AM.

If you’d like to preview the entire course, Adam will be leading over the bridge and around the field. If you’re coming simply to run with others, I will be following the 2021 Tortoise & Hare Challenge course up the service road and to the end of the Bear Trail before turning back for an hour long run (roughly 4 miles). There will be post-run snacks available so please stick around after for socializing and a delicious breakfast.

Register for Tortoise & Hare!

Please vote in the poll below so others can get a sense of who else will be running their pace. We always have a wide range of runners, so you’ll generally find someone to run with. (Use your road pace.)

Pace Poll
  • Sub-8:00-minute pace
  • 8:00-9:00-minute pace
  • 9:00-10:00-minute pace
  • 10:00-11:00-minute pace
  • 11:00-12:00-minute pace
  • 12:00-13:00-minute pace
  • 13:00-minute+ pace

0 voters

Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, ability, pace, or anything else. This is a free activity; neither club membership nor registration for the FLRC Challenge is required. If you are not registered for the FLRC Challenge, you must sign the group run waiver. You only need to sign the waiver once for all 2022 group runs, so if you’ve already done so, you’re all set! (Check Webscorer to verify that you signed.)

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.

Let’s try to reduce the number of car trips to fight climate change. Vote if you need a ride or can give one, and post a reply with meetup ideas.
  • I can give a ride
  • I need a ride

0 voters

If you have questions or are interested in volunteering as a greeter/host for similar group runs, contact FLRC Group Run director Heather Cobb (cobb.heather.m@gmail.com). See you Saturday!

Subscribe to FLRC’s Google Calendar so race dates, group runs, and other club events flow into your calendar. Import this ICS file for most calendar apps; subscribe to fingerlakesrunners@gmail.com if you use Google Calendar.

One of last year’s group runs at Buttermilk the day before the 2021 Tortoise & Hare race.

I’m heading to Buttermilk from Ellis Hollow, so I could pick someone up on the way anywhere through Cornell or downtown. The only catch is I need to do some shopping on the way home, so we might see if someone else can give you a ride back.

Heather and Adam,
I ran the course this evening and discovered that the bridge at the top end of Tremain Lake is out again. I don’t see it being in any kind of shape in a week’s time. Maybe you knew that already. Any way, it was awesome running otherwise.
Tom

Likely course variant is to go all the way around Lake Treman.

@mickiejauquet for awareness of the bridge in case you didn’t already know.

A lovely morning for a group run/hike with some new and old friends, and chatting with eclairs and canollis after in front of the falls.

2 Likes